Can I create Folders on Kindle?
You can create folders on your kindle, but you will not see them there. You will only be able to see them when your kindle is connected to a computer. Books in the folders will show on your kindle, but you won’t see the folder names. You won’t be able to move the books from one folder to another on the kindle. Remember, If you create a folder outside of the documents folder , and put the books there, you won’t see the titles in the homescreen. Here are the steps to create folders on kindle:
- Connect the your kindle to your computer using your included USB cord.
- Go into your Windows Explorer on your computer.You should see your kindle as a “drive”
- In the root you should see a documents folder. Your books that you downloaded wirelessly are on this folder.
- Right-click inside the documents folder to create a new folder. Name this whatever you like. It will only show through your computer, not on your kindle
- You can move the books from documents folder to this sub-folder, or move books from your computer. You can also create additional folders inside these folders if you can to organize books by genre or or by author or any other type.
- Now disconnect kindle from the computer. You will not see the folders on the homescreen of kindle, but you will see the titles.