- From Home, select Menu, select Settings.
- Select Menu (again), then Restart.
- Connect your Kindle to your computer via USB, and restart your computer.
Amazon has released send to Kindle – a Google Chrome browser extension for Kindle. You can send send content like news articles, blog posts, and other web content to your Kindle to read later from the web to your Kindle devices and Kindle reading apps. You can send content to one or more Kindle devices and Kindle reading apps or you can simply archive it in your Kindle Library to download later. Your last page read along with bookmarks, notes and highlights are automatically synchronized across your Kindle devices and Kindle reading apps. Amazon promises that ‘send to Kindle’ for Mozilla More >
It’s the same process that you would do for the Kindle 3 pr Kindle Touch. This kind of things happen due to bugs in the firmware? Kindle Paperwhite doesn’t have keyboard reset. That’s why we’ve to use power button to reset it. Here is the way you can reset (not factory reset) or restart your Kindle:
- Remove your Kindle from the power source if it’s connected.
- Slide the power switch to the right and hold it there.
- Count to 15 as if you’re counting seconds, and remember to hold switch in-place for for 15 seconds.
- Release the switch now.
- At this point nothing will happen, but don’t panic. That’s More >
Okay, this might happen sometimes. Don’t panic! Here is what amazon says to do when such things happen:
- Make sure the USB cable is fully inserted into your Kindle and into the USB port of the computer.
- Be sure to turn off your computer’s sleep or standby mode.
- Connect your Kindle to a different USB port. If available, also try using a different compatible USB cable.
- Verify that the amber light on the bottom of your Kindle is on. When fully charged, the light will appear green.
- From the Home screen, select Menu >Settings> Menu (again), >Restart.
- Is the charge light off? The USB cable may More >
Sometimes it happens that your new Kindle stopped downloading content from the cloud storage on amazon. Don’t get panicked! Just follow the instructions privided by Amazon below. Hope that would solve the issue.From Home, select Menu , then: Make sure Airplane Mode is Off: Settings. Confirm that Airplane Mode is set to Off. Manually initiate the download of content: Sync and Check for Items. Tip: From Manage your Kindle on Amazon.com, make sure your items appear under Your Pending Deliveries. Restart your device: Settings>Menu>Restart. Restarting your device solves most common More >
Yes, you can do so; but you have to pay for the difference you would have paid for a Kindle Paperwhite model without special offers – which is $20.
Unsubscribe from special offers on your Kindle Paperwhite through the Manage Your Kindle.
- Visit Manage your Kindle
- From Manage your Devices, locate your Kindle Paperwhite.
- Click the plus icon to display more information.
- Click Unsubscribe Special Offers to discontinue seeing special offers and Sponsored Screensavers on your Kindle Paperwhite Home screen and screensaver.
- Connect your Kindle Paperwhite wirelessly to complete the process of More >
If your Kindle Paperwhite’s fron-end reading light doesn’t work or it get stuck with too bright or too dark light, then you have to do the following:
- Tap the screen light icon and press and hold the + button. This should turn on the screen light if it is working.
- If not, then Press and hold the power button for a full 20 seconds then release to restart your device. The reboot screen appears. Remember, after 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank. This is normal. Continue to hold the power button for full 20 second.
- If this doesn’t work, charge your device (40% or greater) and restart it More >
If you find that your Kindle Paperwhite doesn’t respond at all or the screen is fronzen, you have to restart the device. Here is how to do it:
- Press or slide and hold the power button for 20 seconds. After 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank. This is normal. Continue to hold the power button.
- After 20 seconds, release the power button. The charge indicator light will turn on after a few moments. If you have successfully restarted your Kindle, you’ll see the start-up screen.
So, don’t panic!Apple iPad Mini ME220LL/A (64GB, Wi-Fi + Sprint 4G, White)
Kindle Paperwhite home screen has the option to view ebooks in both list view and cover view. Kindle Touch didn’t have cover view option. You can view content in List view (which displays title and author in list format) or Cover View (which displays content covers). In both views on Kindle Paperwhite Kindle ebooks, blogs, subscriptions, active content, and your personal documents are shown. Here is how in each cases:
Kindle books: Your reading progress is indicated by dots below each title.
Subscription content: Newspapers and magazines show as single issues or as a More >
If you buy a Kindle Paperwhite without a special offer you’re not still ensured no ads will be displayed on your Kindle Home Screen. Your Kindle will still show ads in the form of recommendation for you based on your previous purchases. However, it will happen only when Kindle Paperwhite Home Screen is in cover view mode. Remember, your new Kindle has the option to view ebooks in both list view and cover view. Kindle Touch didn’t have cover view option. You can view content in List view (which displays title and author in list format) or Cover View (which displays content covers). In both More >
Parental Controls restrict access to the Web Browser, the Kindle Store, and the Cloud. Use this feature to prevent others from purchasing content, accessing content not downloaded to the device, or browsing online.
To set Parental Controls:
- From Home,select Menu , then Settings.
- Select Device Options, then Parental Controls.
- Select Off to require a password for access to any of the Parental Control options (Web Browser, Kindle Store, Cloud).
- Set a Parental Controls password and select OK.
- Tap Ok to save your Parental Controls settings.
When Parental Controls are set:
- A lock icon appears More >
Kindle Paperwhite features a touchscreen interface like Kindle Touch. To select an item, tap it. With The good thing is that you don’t have to use both bands to Kindle, you’ll turn pages in a book while holding the device with one hand.Portrait Mode Landscape Mode
Tip: You can also change pages by swiping the screen with your finger. To go to the next page, swipe your finger from the right to the left across the screen. To go to the previous page, swipe your finger from the left to the right across the screen. Apple iPad Mini ME220LL/A (64GB, Wi-Fi + Sprint 4G, White)
by AppleMore >
Matthew Petrof on his blog has posted a piece on how to install a weather station on newly released black Kindle. He expressed his desire to build such kind of utility on e-ink display this way:
Ever since I first learned about electronic paper, I’ve thought it would be perfect to display some sort of regularly updated, but not real-time, data such as the current date, an agenda, or the weather forecast. Unfortunately, e-paper displays have always cost more than I was willing to spend on such a project. However, with the price of Amazon’s cheapest Kindle recently dropped to $69, I decided More >
Although Amazon goes out of its way to hide all traces of vanilla Android from its new Kindle Fire tablet, it turns out tech-savvy users can still install select third-party Android applications outside the auspices of the Amazon Appstore. These apps include Amazon competitors, like Barnes & Noble’s Nook app for Android.
Here are the steps to follow to install third-party apps:
- Go to the settings More >
Amazon has just rolled out a new firmware update version 3.3 for all Kindle Keyboards (aka Kindle 3). Here is the detail about the new update. You might know by now that each and every Kindle owner has 5GB personal document storage on your Kindle account. You could email any document to your Kindle account from your computer, and send it to Kindle after conversion. Now this document is stored in the personal storage. What Amazon has done with this new updates is that you can now download and archive your documents from your Kindle on the cloud from anywhere. In addition, all your boomarks and More >