How does Kindle DX support PDF Documents?
Accoring to the kindle dx user guide:
- When your kindle is held in portrait orientation, PDF documents are displayed in their original layout and fit the entire screen of the device. White margins of PDF documents are automatically cropped to maximize the amount of content shown
on the screen.
- In landscape orientation, kindle automatically magnifies your document to fit the width of the screen to improve readability.
- In both portrait and landscape orientations, the bottom of the screen shows how far you have read in a particular item as a percentage, and displays the current page number, as well as the total number of pages of the current document.
- The options available while reading a PDF file are slightly different than when reading a book or a periodical on kindle. Options that are not available in PDF files are grayed out in the menu.
- PDFs are search capable. Search option allows you search for a word or a combination of words inside the currently opened PDF document. This feature doesn’t work in cases where a PDF document was created using image files.
- You can bookmarks the page you are currently on. After selecting this option, the upper right corner of the PDF will be dog-eared and this menu option will change to “Delete Bookmark.”
- “My Bookmarks” can displays a page containing all of your current item’s bookmarks.
So what important things are missing. Let’s look at the picture. What options grayed out in the menu: “Add a Note or Highlight” That’s an important one. It means that you can’t add a note or highlight text. In other words, for PDF documents there is no “my clippings”. This seems odd to me. If amazon targets textbooks, then this feature should be most valuable one rather than the seach option. I think amazon should work on that and make it capable in the next software upgrade. This is very much essential.
- Finally, B&N Will Allow Gift Cards For eBook Purchases on Nook and Other Devices From mid-December
- Why the Kindle platform should be opened?
- Video: The Wolf Hall Tournament of E-Readers
- News about eReaders & eBooks: issue #1
- When do you expect to receive your Kindle Paperwhite?
|ASUS 32GB NEXUS 7 Jelly Bean Android Tablet - Brown||Samsung GALAXY Tab 2 8GB 7" Touchscreen Android Tablet - Silver - REFURBISHED||Samsung GALAXY Tab 2 8GB 7" Touchscreen Android Tablet - Titanium Silver|