Kindle Keyboard Got Firmware Update 3.3
Amazon has just rolled out a new firmware update version 3.3 for all Kindle Keyboards (aka Kindle 3). Here is the detail about the new update. You might know by now that each and every Kindle owner has 5GB personal document storage on your Kindle account. You could email any document to your Kindle account from your computer, and send it to Kindle after conversion. Now this document is stored in the personal storage. What Amazon has done with this new updates is that you can now download and archive your documents from your Kindle on the cloud from anywhere. In addition, all your boomarks and annotations on the personal documents will be stored through Whispersync as it does with your Kindle eBooks. I have an old post regarding how to find and deal with Kindle Personal storage. Here are the detail of features added to the new updates:
- Download your archived Personal Documents on Kindle Keyboard: You can now view and download your archived personal documents to your Kindle Keyboard conveniently anywhere at any time. Your personal documents will be stored in your Kindle library until you delete them from Manage Your Kindle.
- Whispersync for Personal Documents on Kindle Keyboard: Just as with Kindle books, Whispersync automatically synchronizes your last page read, bookmarks and annotations for personal documents (with the exception of PDFs) across the Kindle devices. The link to Kindle Personal Document Service is www.amazon.com/kindlepersonaldocuments
- AmazonLocal deals on Kindle Keyboard with Special Offers: Kindle Keyboard with Special Offers users in many regions can now view,purchase, and redeem AmazonLocal deals directly from Kindle Keyboard — no computer, no printer, no hassle. AmazonLocal offers savings up to 75% off products and services from businesses in your city, national chains and online merchants. Learn more about AmazonLocal on www.amazonlocal.com.
- Voice Guide Shortcut: Kindle Keyboard users can now quickly turn the Voice Guide feature on and off by holding the Shift key and pressing Spacebar. Voice Guide reads aloud menu options, content listings and item descriptions. To learn more about using Voice Guide on Kindle Keyboard, visit Customize Your Reading on Kindle.
It’s always good idea to update the software on wifi network rather than manually since in that case you don’t have know the serial number of the Kindle 3 you own. The steps ar:
- Turn your wireless on and connect to an available Wi-Fi network.
- From the Home screen, press Menu and select “Sync and Check for Items.”
- The software update will automatically download in the background and install the next time your Kindle Keyboard goes into sleep mode.
For manual updates follow the details here.
- Which Kindle to buy?
- Kindle Paperwhite got less than one-fifth games and active content than Kindle Touch and Kindle Keyboard
- Key Differences Between Kindle, Kindle Touch and Kindle Keyboard: Be Aware Before You Buy
- Kindle 3 Lighted Cover Wouldn't Work with New Kindles
- Jailbrake Your Kindle – Hack with Fonts, Screensavers, USB Network
|ASUS 32GB NEXUS 7 Jelly Bean Android Tablet - Brown||Samsung GALAXY Tab 2 8GB 7" Touchscreen Android Tablet - Silver - REFURBISHED||Samsung GALAXY Tab 2 8GB 7" Touchscreen Android Tablet - Titanium Silver|