What is the best Way to Organize books on Kindle? – Yes, Tagging
In my last post I talked about creating folders for kindle. By creating folders you can organize books in the kindle that can only be useful for archieving, and you can see the folders when you connect it to the computer. You can’t the folders on kindle. On kindle homescreen, you’ll see all the books. In case you have 100 books on kindle, it doesn’t help you finding the book easily from the homescreen. An alternative to using folders is to use “tags”, and it’s better method to find books easily and comfortably. Instead of finding a book by its location, you “tag” it with an identifying label, and then search for that label. Before I go over the steps to do tagging, let you know that such tagging doesn’t work with PDF books, and also with Topaz books. Topaz books are identified with the extension of .azw1 (when you download them by Whispernet) or .tpz ( when you download them by USB).
Now the steps are:
- Open a book from kindle homescreen.
- Put a note with Menu-Add note or highlight, which will be considered as a tag, into the book. Always you something unique, not a meaningful word. For example: if you want to tag books by genre like ‘romance’ type ‘kromance’. If you want to tag books by authors like ‘Debbie Macomber‘, type ‘kMacomber’ (I’m using last name here, you can do that with last name or full name. You can also tag a book by more than one tag. In that case you have to type separate notes in separate palces. Ideally, it’s better to do that on the first page of the book.
- Now go back to homescreen, and just type your tag ‘kromance’, and hit the search button, kindle will show you the clickable list of all romance books you tagged. If you want to search by author type ‘kMacomber’. kindle will show clickable list of all the books written by Debbie Macmber.
Remeber, kindle takes a little while to process the tagging information – might be a minute or tue. So if you don’t see tagged books immediately, wait a minute before start searching.
- How to Search Amazon Kindle Store for Free Books From Your Kindle?
- A Christmas Surprise: Kindle for PC DRM Hacked & Cracked – Another DRM Fiasco
- PubIt B&N’s Publishing Platform Coming This Summer
- How Can You Sort and Use Collection on Kindle?
- Kindle 3 Announced, Not Released, and Guess What: It's Sold Out
|ASUS 32GB NEXUS 7 Jelly Bean Android Tablet - Brown||Samsung GALAXY Tab 2 8GB 7" Touchscreen Android Tablet - Silver - REFURBISHED||Samsung GALAXY Tab 2 8GB 7" Touchscreen Android Tablet - Titanium Silver|